Technology & Life Sciences
Warren Averett provides comprehensive solutions to help our high-tech and bio-tech clients succeed. Our professionals have the expertise to solve the issues facing entrepreneurial technology businesses. We have an established practice group dedicated to serving the unquie needs of this industry and we have a specific focus in software companies.
Warren Averett has successfully guided entrepreneurial companies through all stages of the business life cycle - from abstract ideas to pre-IPO. Our clients include high technology businesses from start-ups to well-established firms, biotechnology enterprises, and venture capitalists.
Professionals at Warren Averett are leaders in the technology field, actively contributing to the high-tech and bio-tech community through memberships and Board representation in key industry groups, including the Biotechnology Association of Alabama, Alabama Information Technology Association, and Tech Birmingham.
Warren Averett provides guidance and services to our technology clients, including:
- Understanding and obtaining appropriate financing
- Exploring and accounting for unique equity compensation structures
- Offering outsourcing and virtual accounting solutions
- Developing effective business strategies
- Effectively managing cash burn rate
- Selecting the right type of business entity
- Developing and reviewing annual budgets to help you manage your business
- Guiding you through complex accounting issues
- Developing effective tax planning & compliance strategies
- Guiding you through mergers and acquisitions and assisting with related due diligence
- Outsourcing compliance for FAS 109, Accounting for Income Taxes
- Calculating and planning executive compensation strategies such as golden parachutes
- Addressing SEC Related issues
- Maximizing the benefit of research and development tax credits
- Developing international tax planning strategies
- Assisting with software revenue recognition
- VSOE guidance